Gold & Horns Headdress Workshop
Learn how to work with a wide range of materials and intricate techniques while following detailed, step-by-step instructions to recreate the gold and horns headdress. This workshop is designed to give you the knowledge and confidence to create your own future designs as well as to work with more challenging materials and glues.
This headdress design is an advanced level design - if you are new to headdress-making, I highly recommend starting with my Beginners Fan & Floral Workshop. This class builds on the base created in the Headdress Base Workshop. Use your new headdress for costumes, festivals, concerts, special events, body paint competitions, photo shoots, and more.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Apply trim
- Create a design loaded with details
- Create a finished headdress
- Create visual balance with different elements and colors
- Professional tips, dos and don'ts in headdress-making
- Secure decorative pieces with hot glue, E-6000 & epoxy glue
- Use techniques for attaching chains
- Work with synthetic hair
- Work with gold leaf
- Work with metal decorative elements
SKILL LEVEL: Advanced
You'll receive a printable PDF file of the following:
- Step-by-step written instructions for how to decorate the headdress
- Checklist with links to all materials, glues and tools
- Special checklist for remaining glues and tools needed if you have purchased a materials kit (see below for kit options)
DURATION: 5 hours 40 minutes
This class does not cover how to create the headdress base. Learn how to make the base in the Headdress Base Workshop.
DIY Headdress Kits:
OPTIONAL: These ready-made kits are available to order in my online shop.
- Pre-Made Headdress Base - variation on Headband Style
- Materials Kit for Headdress Base
- Materials Kit for Headdress Decorations
Live DIY Headdress Classes:
For upcoming live workshops please go to Anja's Eventbrite page.
Please contact Anja if you want to schedule a private group or a "1on1" in person class.
Gold & Horns Design - Course Preview
I would like to invite you to take a sneak peek at my Gold & Horns Design Workshop.
- Attach horns (21:32)
- Sharpen dowels (2:04)
- Paint the dowels (5:13)
- Paint the base and the horns (19:02)
- Make craft foam padding for side flowers (3:41)
- Assemble the metal flowers (12:50)
- Apply suede stud trim onto the base (5:36)
- Add gold paint to the dowels (6:34)
- Add gold paint to the horns (6:03)
- Apply gold leaf to the dowels (18:46)
- Apply gold leaf to the horns (17:26)
- Attach the dowels (19:54)
- Attach top gold loop trim (9:33)
- Attach glitter (5:27)
- Braid hair (6:49)
- Shorten braids (7:48)
- Attach wire to the braids (7:43)
- Attach hair onto the front of the base (4:10)
- Attach bottom gold loop trim (6:18)
- Attach hair around the horns (11:31)
- Attach O-Rings onto the metal flowers (4:07)
- Attach pearl connectors onto the base (1:57)
- Attach flowers onto the front & side of the base (7:25)
- Attach second layer of suede stud trim onto the base (8:48)
- Attach pearl stickers onto the base (18:43)
- Connect the chains (23:29)
- Attach hair onto the back of the base (7:36)
- Attach flowers onto the back of the base (8:37)
- Decorate the hair (16:54)
- Attach bead caps onto the dowels & the horns (11:32)
- Attach craft foam under the side flowers (optional) (4:32)
- Attach gold loop trim (optional) (3:11)
Hi, I’m Anja!
I’m an artist dedicated to bringing color and sparkle to everyday life with my custom work.
Through beauty makeup, body paint, and headdresses, I find joy in helping others feel beautiful and confident.
My fine art paintings are tuned to the positive energy in a space and are designed to enhance a room with the right colors.
As your art mentor and instructor, I’m here to help you succeed.